Friday, April 30, 2010

So, I think I'm a movie critic.

While Robert was gone, he asked me to keep a list of movies to watch when he get's back. This list has been directed specifically to him, but with the weekend coming up I thought it might be useful to my 3 followers. :)

Duplicity- Julia Robert’s/Clive Owen. Really Good!!! Confusing but had an Oceans Eleven feel. Very well done and worth seeing!

Taken- Awesome!!! You could pick it apart if you wanted, but it was a great action show and had a long lasting effect.

A Haunting in Connecticut- It had the quality of “A Haunting” television series… Very “B” grade, but it had enough to the story that it was worth seeing.

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button- This movie was fantastic. It was so well done!!! Kind of long, but I liked that about it.

Knowing- Nicholas Cage.- Really good.

State of Play- It was slow and very realistic. Which I usually like, but I didn’t love this movie. Maybe I missed something.

Tropic Thunder- Not my choice to watch, but even Ben was disappointed in the humor. Looked much better than it actually was. Very Blah for the all star cast.

X-men Origins-Wolverine- I haven’t seen the X-men movies, but I really liked this movie… for a superhero kind of movie.

Terminator Salvation- Okay, I should have LOVED this movie. With Christian Bale and being a terminator movie, but it wasn’t fantastic. The Story was weak, but the movie was made well. 

Star Trek- Don’t laugh… Okay, I have never seen a start trek movie, and don’t remember ever even seeing a full episode of any of the star treks, but I liked this movie…. Even more than terminator salvation (eek)

Angels and Demons- Need I say more? It was great. I think I liked Davinci Code better, but I think I’m the minority that thinks that. Angels and Demons was fantastic.

Twilight- aweful. I had my issues with the book, but throw in bad acting….

The Taking of Pelham 123- Denzel Washington and John Travolta- Entertaining, but has some weak spots. Worth seeing.

Up- a Pixar cartoon. I was skeptical because the story was really strange, but it was cute and made me laugh.

Land of the Lost- Will Ferrell- This was so stupid, but really funny. Worth seeing.

Paul Blart Mall Cop- Ben wanted me to tell you it was good, but it was painfully bad. Stay away.

The International- I was excited about this move. Looked like it was done really well, etc…. I fell asleep I was so bored and Ben said it never really got good.


Public Enemies
- Okay, let me set you up for this. When I saw the previews for this movie I immediately gave it the title of “my favorite movie ever” It looked so good. I was very disappointed, but you’ll want to see it just don’t have high expectations like I did 

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince- Need I say more?


District 9
- This movie was insanely awesome. I have never seen a story line like this before.

Paranormal Activity- I’m not saying anything except to watch this alone in your bedroom. 

2012- Worth seeing, but overly coincidental, and they should have been dead 500 times so it stops being scary.

Brothers- I don’t think they could decide which way they wanted the story to go. War issues, family issues, etc??? It was a bit random… and Toby Maguire (spiderman) is sooooo ugly!!!

Sherlock Holmes- Brilliant. I loved it!!!

The Fourth Kind- This movie claims to have actual footage that they incorporated into the movie. So, if you believe that, it could possibly be one of the scariest movies ever!

New Moon- Okay, now that my expectations are low… it was enjoyable. Still I hate this series, but this one was better than twilight.

It’s Complicated***R***- This was usually not my type of movie, but it was sooooo funny and had Jim from the office in it. I love Meryl Streep and Steve Martin so the movie was going to be great. 

Avatar- This movie has been all the rage. Everything is Avatar. It was what you would expect… maybe a little disappointing. It is very long, but probably worth seeing.

The Lovely Bones- This is a very artsy dark movie that was set in the 70’s. You probably wouldn’t like it.

Defiance- A really good prisoner of war movie. Based on a true story.

The Box- This was weirder than Stephen King on drugs, but it did have a good story.

Amelia- Based on Amelia Earharts life, but I was surprised to like her less than before I saw the movie. I thought the idea would make you believe she was America’s sweetheart, but she was more of a self absorbed slut. The movie was done very well, though, and I loved the time period.

Saw VI- You just have to see it…. You can’t not see a saw 

17 Again- This was actually surprisingly funny… it’s a teeny bopper movie. Also, I think Zack Efron’s character in the 80’s looks like dad when he was a teenager. Mom thinks so too. 

Drag Me to Hell- This movie was done very poorly but I still liked it. Ben couldn’t get past how corny it was.

2 comments:

Kim said...

I realize that this list is for Roberto, but I still think that if you're going to comment on Tobey Maguire being ugly, you also have to say that Jake Gyllenhaal was beyond heavenly and makes you want to do naughty things. Well, maybe he doesn't make Robert want to do naughty things, but he made me want to do naughty things! Mmmmm, mmmmm, good!

Kim said...

That comment was regarding "Brothers", obvs!